Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekly Weigh In

Starting weight: 159 
This morning's scale reading: 150.4
Official weight, as dictated by the trend line: 152.4
Pounds lost this week: 1.2
Total pounds lost: 6.6

If you saw my last post, you know this week didn't start all that well.  I was suffering from some sort of general malaise.  Well, the week continued to suck.  There was some stress in my life, and then I got a cold, and counting calories was definitely not at the top of my priority list.

Actually it was worse than that.  Tuesday was a Rough Day (TM) and when I got home that night, I ate a whole pizza.  Yeah really.  It was a small pizza, but it had cream sauce.  The thing was, I definitely wasn't hungry for the whole pizza.  I could have stopped at 2 slices and been fine.  I thought about it.  That sort of control was totally in the cards.  I was eating those first 2 slices and my head was filled with thoughts of "if I stop now, my calories today will be fine" and "this really isn't so great for me.  I'm not even hungry.  What will the scale say tomorrow?" and other similarly themed things.

And then I got very angry.  Events on Tuesday fall under the category of Things I Do Not Blog About so I won't share them here.  But suffice it to say they were much more important than what I was eating.  And they left me feeling pretty awful.  And yet all I could think about was calories?!  Are my priorities that skewed?  Am I so obsessed with this new healthy lifestyle that I can't shift my focus to things that really matter? 

All I wanted to do was have a little pity party for myself, get some things straight in my head, and come to terms with some changes in my life.  And I couldn't do that because I was so fixated on the calories of the pizza I was eating.  So, out of desperation, I ate the whole thing.  Not because I wanted to (although it was very good pizza), and not because I was hungry, but because I knew that I would be so far over my limit for the day that it wouldn't be worth worrying about anymore.

The next few days I really didn't eat much, probably because of all that pizza.  And now I have a cold.  So the damage could have been much worse.  But I really don't care.  I'm not prone to binges, and I know I can get back on track this week.  I'm just concerned that this project I'm doing has completely taken over my life to the exclusion of everything else.  I'll be keeping an eye on things over the next few weeks and adjusting accordingly.

Now, onto the good stuff.

I stopped into my favorite consignment shop on Friday to see the owner.  She's a good friend of mine, and I hadn't talked to her in a while.  The first thing she noticed was that I was skinnier.  Woohoo!  And I tried on some clothes while I was there and got an amazing pair of skinny jeans in a size smaller than I normally wear.  Hah!

Thanks to everyone who sent out support on my last post.  I am doing much better, and I expect to continue to rally. 

Let's all kick ass and take names this week.  Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment