Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weekly Weigh In

Starting Weight: 159 (March 17th, 2010)
Today's Scale Reading: 151.2
Weight, as dictated by the trend line: 153.6
Total Lost: 5.4 lb

My loss rate is increasing slightly.  It used to be .2lb/day, and in the past week or so, it has gone up to .3lb/day.  Although I'd love to be done with the loss process as soon as possible, I think this rate is really about as fast as I want to go.  That works out to a bit less than 2lb/week and because I do so much physical activity, I don't want to run a higher calorie deficit than that. 

Among this week's many triumphs was a small event with big payoff: I got three pairs of jeans tailored.  Specifically, I got the waists taken in on all of them.  I've never gotten anything tailored before, but now I'm a complete convert.  It's so nice to have pants that finally fit!  ...at least for a little while anyway...

Additionally, well-fitting clothes will instantly make you look slimmer.  Case in point: on Friday, a coworker asked me if I'd lost weight.  Honestly, 5lb on my frame isn't that much.  However, I'd started wearing my freshly tailored jeans, and it makes all the difference.  If you're looking for a way to reward yourself for all your hard work, consider taking your clothes to a good tailor.  It's a great way to show off!

1 comment:

  1. I'm new to your blog and way to go on the scale moving AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete