Thursday, June 21, 2012

Look Back

One really neat thing about "transformation" blogs is that if you find one with years worth of archives and start at the beginning, you can really see the power of time. You can read through six months of posts in an evening and you can see amazing accomplishments and their positive consequences all at once without having to wait days for every post or slog through the daily grind.

I haven't posted in over a year, but I'm motivated now to look back at that year and see what I've accomplished, because it's actually pretty neat.

I maintained my weight loss.

I no longer sweeten my coffee.

I hired a financial advisor.

I moved in with my boyfriend and got rid of half my stuff.

I work from home AT LEAST two days out of every week.

I no longer drink caffeine.

I figured out what was causing the pit stains on my shirts (a demonic combination of antiperspirant and bacteria).

I figured out how to get rid of the pit stains on my shirts (soak 'em in OxyClean).

I've given up traditional deodorant/antiperspirant in favor of deodorant sticks (and my shirts are much happier).

I pitched my dream job to my company AND I GOT IT (along with a VP for a boss, a raise, and a promotion).

The point here isn't to brag (much). It's to demonstrate that it's worth keeping track of your accomplishments and reminding yourself of them later, because otherwise you might forget.

1 comment: